By: Snixy Kitchen This healthy, green sandwich made with Roth's Dill Havarti is perfect for lunch!
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 thick bread slices, lightly toasted
- 4 ounces Roth Dill Havarti, sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
- 2 Persian or other small cucumbers, sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 2 small zucchini shaved into wide ribbons
- ¼ cup broccoli or alfalfa sprouts
- Combine the herbs and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor (or if you don’t have one, finely mince the herbs and toss them with the olive oil). Pulse until finely minced.
- Add the avocado, salt, and pepper and pulse until well combined and smooth, with just a few small chunks (or, if you don’t have a food processor, mash the avocado and blend it into the herbed olive oil with a fork until smooth).
- Spread a layer of the herbed avocado on each bread slice. Top one half of each sandwich with cheese, cucumber, zucchini ribbons, and sprouts. Place the second slice of bread on top, avocado side down. Slice in half and enjoy!