Chiles rellenos don't get much better than this thanks to the sweet caramel nuances of our Prairie Sunset cheese.
- 3 Anaheim or other mild peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh chorizo, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Roth® Prairie Sunset® Cheese
- 6 slices bacon
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Chopped scallions, for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Make a lengthwise slit down the middle of chiles (do not cut through). Seed and devein chiles. Set aside.
- Heat small skillet; cook chorizo until no longer pink.
- Stuff each chile with small amount of chorizo. Top with shredded cheese. Wrap bacon around each pepper,
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange chiles on a baking sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until bacon crisps. Serve with sour cream and chopped scallions, if desired.