Mom’s best 6-ingredient meatloaf is now stuffed with Roth Havarti. The ultimate comfort food is all flavor and no fuss. The leftovers make great sandwiches, too! By: Meggan Hill, Culinary Hill
- 2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup ketchup, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces Roth® Organic Havarti Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet or dish with foil for easy cleanup.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a spatula, combine beef, onion, eggs, oats, ½ cup ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix on the lowest speed until combined.
- Rinse a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan with water. Pack the meat mixture tightly into pan.
- Leaving a ½-inch wall on each side, carve out a well about 4 inches long and 1 inch wide and set aside the meat you pulled out.
- Fill the well with shredded cheese. Using the reserved meat mixture, cover and seal the shredded cheese carefully and thoroughly.
- Flip the pan over and carefully jiggle out the loaf on to the prepared baking sheet. Bake 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Brush remaining ¼ cup ketchup all over the meatloaf. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes before serving.