Nothing fancy, just welcoming and traditional.
- For soup:
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco® or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Scallion slices, optional
- For sandwich:
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices (about 3/4 ounce each) Roth Prairie Sunset®Cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Combine tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, Worcestershire and Tabasco in saucepan; stir to blend. Bring to boil over medium heat; reduce heat and season to taste. Keep hot.
- Heat heavy skillet over medium. Butter 1 side of bread slices. Place 2 slices, butter-side-down, in hot skillet. Arrange Roth Prairie Sunset and avocado slices over bread. Close sandwiches, placing top butter-side up.
- Grill until bottom slice is toasted and cheese begins to melt, about 2 minutes. Flip sandwiches and grill until cheese is fully melted and bread is toasted.
- Ladle soup into bowls; scatter scallion slices over, if desired. Plate the sandwich. Corn chips are a good accompaniment