Spice up your holiday season with this jalapeño cheese ball. Made with our spicy Jalapeño Havarti cheese and requiring just 10 minutes to make!
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 (8-oz) packages plain cream cheese, softened
- 2 (6-oz) packages Roth Jalapeño Havarti cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup diced scallion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced almonds, for coating
- Crackers and vegetable crudités, for serving
- Preheat oven to high broil.
- Add jalapeño and bell pepper to a baking sheet, and place under broiler. Roast until charred, turning occasionally to ensure charring all over. Remove from oven to let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, Jalapeño Havarti, scallion and garlic. Add heavy cream 1 tablespoon at a time to thin, if needed, making it easier to mix.
- Once cooled, scrape the charred skin off the jalapeño and bell pepper. Remove stems, dice and add to cream cheese mixture, mixing well to incorporate. Taste the mixture and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer to a large piece of plastic wrap, and form mixture into a ball. Wrap the ball and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To serve, roll in sliced almonds, then place on a platter with crackers and vegetable crudités for dipping.