This mac & cheese features a spicy jolt from a blend of Roth Grand Cru®, Smoked Fontina and 3 Chile Pepper Gouda cheeses.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) tubular pasta, such as elbows or penne
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup finely diced poblano chile
- 2 tablespoons bottled roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chorizo cooked, link sausage, diced
- 1½ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) Roth® Ultimate Firehouse shred blends
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium high; add butter, garlic, onion, poblano and red pepper. Sauté 3-5 minutes, until onions soften. Add chorizo and continue cooking about 2 minutes.
- In bowl, mix half and half and cornstarch until smooth. Reduce burner heat to medium; add half and half mixture to skillet. Bring to gentle simmer and stir until sauce slightly thickens.
- Slowly add cheese blend and stir until fully melted. Sir in pasta; heat through. Serve immediately for creamy mac dish or spoon into baking dish.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, 12-15 minutes.