Tuna gets the spicy, smoky treatment from Roth's Ultimate Firehouse shred blend in this open-faced sandwich.
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna, preferably albacore, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay® seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder, plus additional for dusting (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Roth Ultimate Firehouse shred blends
- Lettuce, for serving (optional)
- Tomato slices, for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Grease baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, gently mix tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, Old Bay and chipotle powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl, combine half and half and cornstarch. Stir until smooth, and add to tuna mixture.
- Place bread slices on prepared baking sheet. Divide tuna mixture evenly over the slices. Top with equal amounts of cheese. Bake 6-8 minutes. Sprinkle additional chipotle powder over on top, and garnish with lettuce and tomato slices, if desired.