- 1 pound dried pasta (we recommend small shells or elbow macaroni)
- Scant 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or minced dried onion
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 4 cups (12 to 16 ounces) shredded Roth Havarti cheese (we used a blend of Original, Jalapeño, Horseradish and Chipotle)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Add dry pasta, water, butter, ground mustard, salt, garlic powder and onion powder to the bowl of the Instant Pot. Secure the lid.
- Set timer for 4 minutes on HIGH pressure. Ensure valve is set to SEALING. It can take up to 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
- Release the pressure by flipping the valve to VENTING. Let pressure release for at least 2 to 3 minutes until no more steam is coming out.
- Open the lid, and add cream cheese and milk. Stir until melted and combined. Add Havarti cheese one handful at a time, stirring between each addition to ensure cheese is melted and consistency is creamy. Mac and cheese will thicken upon standing. Serve immediately.