Mellow and mild Van Gogh Gouda is the special ingredient in this one-pan dinner dish.
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 7-8 ounces (about 1 cup) prepared basil pesto
- 1 1/2 pounds mini red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 4 2-ounce slices Roth® Original Van Gough® Gouda Cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Spray rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray; arrange chicken breasts on pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons pesto over each chicken breast. Spread evenly.
- Place potatoes and pepper in large bowl; toss with remaining pesto and salt. Arrange mixture around chicken.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F and potatoes are tender. During last 10 minutes of baking, place cheese slice on each breast and scatter tomatoes over pan, baking until chicken is done, cheese melts and tomatoes burst. Top with fresh basil (optional) and serve immediately.