A unique and spicy take on chicken burgers gets an extra zip from Jalapeño Havarti.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons green Anaheim chile, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, diced
- 3 tablespoons Merlot
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, ground
- Vegetable oil for grill
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- 8 slices Roth® Jalapeño Havarti Cheese (approximately ⅛” thick)
- 4 tablespoons zesty mayonnaise (recipe below)
- Mixed greens for garnish (optional)
- For Zesty Mayonnaise:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine first eight ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and gently form into patties (avoid overhandling the mixture).
- Lightly coat grill rack with vegetable oil. Place patties on grill, cover and cook for approximately 4 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Top each patty with 1 slice of Jalapeño Havarti cheese for the last minute of cook time.
- Lightly toast rolls on grill.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread one tablespoon of zesty mayonnaise on the bottom of each bun and top with remaining slices of Jalapeño Havarti cheese, mixed greens (optional) and chicken patty.
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate.