These bite-sized Jalapeno Poppers have an extra-crunchy coating and two kinds of cheese in the filling! Featuring Roth Jalapeño Havarti.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces Roth Havarti Jalapeño, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1-2 quarts vegetable or canola oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, Roth Havarti Jalapeño, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and salt. Stir to combine. Cover and chill while preparing the jalapeños.
- Trim off and discard the top and bottom of each jalapeño. Cut each jalapeno into 1-inch rings. Remove the seeds and white inner ribs from each ring. (Wearing gloves is recommended.)
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Pack cream cheese into each jalapeño ring, filling it completely and smoothing the surface.
- Fill three small bowls, one each with milk, flour, and breadcrumbs. Working with one popper at a time, dip in milk, then coat with flour.
- Transfer to the prepared sheet and repeating with remaining poppers. Let the coating sit for 5 minutes.
- Working with one at a time, return floured poppers to milk, turning to coat. Transfer to breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs to form an even coating. Repeat with the remaining poppers.
- In a large pot, Dutch oven, or deep fryer, bring 2 inches of oil to 350 degrees (use a thermometer). Drop 4 to 6 poppers in the oil at a time, stirring as necessary until golden brown all over, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.