A simple cheddar cheese sauce perfect for topping veggies, dipping pretzels or making the perfect mac & cheese.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole or 2 percent milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Roth® Organic Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon horseradish, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Next, whisk in flour to form a roux. Slowly pour milk into the saucepan, whisking constantly until smooth. Bring mixture to a low boil, until thickened slightly.
- Add Organic Sharp Cheddar Cheese in small handfuls, whisking between each addition to ensure cheese is melted and incorporated.
- Finally, season with horseradish (optional), salt and pepper, to taste. Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.