Caramelized Brussels sprouts are the perfect flavor pairing for the melty kick of Horseradish Havarti.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Roth® Horseradish Havarti Cheese
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Place top oven rack underneath broiler, and preheat oven to low broil. If you do not have this setting, move the rack further away (down) from broil heat source.
- Place a medium or large oven-safe skillet over medium-high and heat on the stove top. Add butter, Brussels sprouts and shallots; stir vegetables until coated. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, flipping vegetables every few minutes until sides are browned.
- Remove the skillet from heat; let sit 2 minutes. Add heavy cream, tossing vegetables to coat, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle Roth Horseradish Havarti Cheese over the top; place skillet under hot broiler. Broil about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and begins to bubble. Garnish with parsley, if desired, and additional salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.