A drizzle of maple syrup adds a sweet touch to our tangy, plain Chèvre goat cheese. Sandwiched between your favorite pancake recipe and an easy, homemade strawberry compote, breakfast has never felt so fancy.
- 1 batch of your favorite pancake recipe, prepared*
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Juice & zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (4-oz) log of Roth Chèvre Goat Cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
To Make Strawberry Compote
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add strawberries, lemon juice and zest. Mash strawberries slightly to help release their juices. As they cook, strawberries will begin to break down, forming a compote-like texture.
- Let mixture come to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract. Let cool, as compote with thicken upon standing.
To Make Whipped Maple Chèvre
- Add goat cheese and maple syrup to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat for 1 minute on high, or until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Alternatively, use a hand mixer to whip the goat cheese.
- Add in a pinch of sea salt, and fold into the mixture with a spatula.
To serve, stack pancakes on a plate and spread heaping spoonfuls of maple Chèvre and strawberry compote between each layer.
*We used this recipe.