- 6 cups mixed vegetables, cut into 1-inch chunks (i.e. broccoli, bell peppers, onions, carrots, brussels sprouts)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 kielbasa links or 1 (14-oz) kielbasa rope, cut into 1-inch chunks
- For Cheese Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole or 2% milk
- 6 ounces Roth® Van Gough® Natural Smoked Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place vegetables on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, caraway and black pepper. Mix vegetables until well coated and bake for 15 minutes.
- While vegetables roast, heat a medium saucepan over low. Melt butter, then add garlic. Cook garlic 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Mix in ground mustard, paprika and flour to form a roux. Slowly whisk in milk, whisking vigorously to ensure no lumps remain. Let sauce cook for 3 to 4 minutes, whisking occasionally, until it begins to thicken.
- Add cheese in small handfuls, whisking between each addition to ensure cheese is melted and incorporated into the sauce. Whisk in horseradish, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- After 15 minutes of baking, remove vegetables from oven and add kielbasa chunks to the pan. Return to the oven, and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide kielbasa-vegetable mixture into four bowls, and serve with a small dish of Smoked Gouda Cheese Sauce for dipping. Alternatively, drizzle cheese sauce over the kielbasa-vegetable mixture, then serve.
*There will be leftover Smoked Gouda Cheese Sauce.