Van Gogh Gouda has a magnificent melt and makes the velvety sauce something special.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 pounds homestyle frozen meatballs, thawed in refrigerator at least 3 hours
- 1 1/2 cup beef stock, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Roth® Original Van Gough® Gouda Cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet; brown meatballs in 3-4 batches, about 2 minutes per side, 4 minutes total. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 375 °F. In sauté pan, stir beef stock and cornstarch well, until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Place over medium heat and slowly heat beef stock-cornstarch mixture, adding allspice and nutmeg, stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken. Add sour cream; continue to stir until sauce returns to simmer. Slowly add cheese. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Place reserved meatballs in shallow baking dish; top with sauce. Bake 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle parsley overall.
Note: You may omit browning the meatballs if desired.