2 pounds frozen meatballs, thawed in fridge for at least three hours
1 ½ cup beef stock
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
¼ cup sour cream
½ cup Roth Original or Organic Van Gogh® Gouda, shredded
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Optional: Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in a large, heavy skillet and brown meatballs in 3-4 batches for about two minutes per side (four minutes total per batch). Set meatballs aside as you prepare the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
- Combine beef stock and cornstarch (this must be done at room temperature to avoid lumps).
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, slowly heat stock and cornstarch mixture, along with allspice and nutmeg, stirring constantly until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add sour cream and continue to stir until the sauce comes back to a simmer.
- Slowly add Van Gogh® Gouda cheese until combined.
- Place meatballs in a baking dish, top with sauce and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Finish with parsley.