Roth Van Gogh Original Gouda is the star here! Layer the gouda with pesto and roasted red peppers on soft oat bread, then grill to golden brown perfection.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices oat bread
- 1 pound Roth Van Gogh Original Gouda, shredded
- 4 slices roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup pesto (see recipe note)
- Butter all 8 slices of bread on one side each. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, arrange 4 slices of bread butter-side down in a single layer (work in batches if necessary).
- Layer Van Gogh Original Gouda, roasted red peppers, and a spread of pesto on each sandwich. Top with second slice of bread (butter side up) and flip when the bottom is golden brown and the cheese has begun to melt.
- Continue cooking until the second side is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Remove to a cutting board, cut each sandwich in half, and serve.
Note: Use store-bought pesto or make your own. To make pesto, combine in a food processor: 2 cloves garlic, 1 tablespoon nuts (pine nuts, walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts), 1 cup fresh basil, ½ cup fresh parsley, and 1 tablespoon shredded Roth Grand Cru cheese. Process to a coarse paste, then stream in ¼ cup olive oil until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.