Wow the crowd at your next party with these tartlettes — they’re as tasty as they are eye-pleasing.
- 4-5 medium-size tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh basil (approximatley ½ ounce) or fresh thyme
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed overnight in fridge
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cup Roth® Original Van Gough® Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze (optional)
- Slice tomatoes fairly thick (just less than 1/2 inch), and lay them on paper towels. Lightly salt each side. Leave tomatoes on paper towels to sweat while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Roughly chop basil.
- Heat oven to 375 °F and lay a piece of parchment paper (cut to fit if necessary) on top of a cookie sheet.
- Flatten puff pastry sheet and cut into six squares.
- In the center of each pastry square, brush olive oil, leaving a thin “frame” around the outside of each square.
- Top each square with shredded Van Gogh Gouda and sliced tomatoes, taking care to leave the frame of untouched dough.
- Bake in the oven until done, and pastry “frame” pops, about 15 to 20 minutes. Top with shredded basil or sprigs of thyme, then drizzle with balsamic glaze (optional).