When you're craving worldly flavors in a flash, this sandwich with Van Gough Gouda is a remarkably quick answer.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Roth® Original Van Gough® Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 2 Roma tomato slices
- Heat griddle (350°F if griddle has temperature gauge).
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter; place butter-side-down on a flat surface. Spread pesto on 1 bread slice. Top with Van Gough Gouda shreds and tomato slices. Place remaining bread slice over to form sandwich, butter-side-up, pushing down gently.
- Place on hot grill. Cook until bottom side is golden brown and cheese is slightly melted. Flip sandwich; grill until bottom bread slice browns and cheese has completely melted. Serve immediately.