Laced with three different Havarti flavors — Original, Chipotle and Jalapeño — this Mexican-inspired lasagna makes for quick and satisfying weeknight fare.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (1-oz) taco seasoning packet
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (18-oz) jar salsa of your choice
- 8 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 14 to 18 small to medium corn tortillas
- 1 (6-oz) block Roth Original Havarti cheese, shredded
- 1 (6-oz) block Roth Chipotle Havarti cheese, shredded
- 1 (6-oz) block Roth Jalapeño Havarti cheese, shredded
- Sour cream, pickled jalapeños, diced scallion & avocado, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large sauté pan or Dutch oven, add olive oil, onion and bell pepper. Sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened and just beginning to brown. Add garlic, cooking 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add ground turkey, breaking up meat into chunks. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink. Add taco seasoning, water, black beans and corn, and stir to combine. Taste the mixture, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat.
- In a 9×13-inch baking pan, spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom. Layer 4 to 6 tortillas across the bottom of the pan, overlapping as needed to ensure coverage. Layer 1/3 of the turkey mixture with 1/3 of both the salsa and enchilada sauce, and 1/3 of the cheese over the top. Repeat twice to create three lasagna layers in total.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until lasagna is bubbly and golden around the edges. Switch oven to broil, and broil the top of the lasagna until browned. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sour cream, pickled jalapeños, scallions and avocado, if desired.