These fresh Alpine Asparagus Rolls with our signature Grand Cru® Reserve are the perfect springtime finger food. Layered with capicola, herbed cream cheese, and balsamic dressing.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, washed
- 1/4 cup balsamic dressing
- 7 ounces garlic and herb cream cheese
- Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, patted dry then finely diced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 4 ounces capicola (about 3-inch round), thinly sliced
- 4 ounces (1 cup) Roth Grand Cru® Reserve cheese, shaved
- Trim asparagus spears so each spear is approximately 6 inches in length. Using a vegetable peeler, remove the outer layer of skin.
- Place asparagus and balsamic dressing in a plastic bag or container. Seal tightly and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Combine cream cheese, black pepper, roasted red peppers, and chives in a mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Layer 2 slices of capicola, so they overlap slightly.
- Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture over sliced meat.
- Layer 2 to 3 cheese shavings on top.
- Place a marinated asparagus spear onto one end of meat, and gently roll meat and cheese around asparagus.
- Arrange on a serving platter, and enjoy!