The cheesy Alfredo sauce features flavorful Fontina and spicy Cajun seasoning.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 6 ounces Roth® Fontina Cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts salted water to boil. Add pasta; cook until al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter until foaming. Whisk in wine and simmer until the wine has reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in cream and Cajun seasoning and simmer frequently until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in Fontina cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta and chicken to skillet and toss gently to coat. Garnish with tomatoes. Serve immediately.