Savory waffles are a cheesy twist on the traditional sweet breakfast food — quick and easy for A.M. mornings or serve as a unique party appetizer.
- 8 frozen waffles, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 3 sliced scallions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Roth Grand Cru® cheese, divided
- 8 brown mushrooms, thinly sliced*
- Set broiler to low.
- Place waffles on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, mustard, scallions, garlic and 1 1/2 cups Grand Cru®. Mix well. Distribute cheese mixture evenly over waffles; top with mushrooms. Sprinkle remaining cheese over, and broil until cheese is melted and waffles are toasted, about 10 minutes. Cut into eighths.
- Serve immediately.
*For variety, you can substitute roasted red peppers or artichoke hearts for the mushrooms.