Cheesy Pasta Primavera is a creamy, veggie-packed dinner that's ready in just 30 minutes. Made with our Organic Sharp Cheddar cheese.
- 1/2 pound pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose Flour
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 2 (6-oz) wedges Roth Organic Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 spears asparagus, blanched & coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Cook pasta until al dente according the package instructions.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute until the mixture is bubbly and seems to double in size.
- Slowly stir in warm milk, and whisk frequently until sauce starts to simmer. Let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, then add Organic Cheddar one handful at a time. Stir between each addition until cheese is melted and incorporated.
- Stir in asparagus, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and cooked pasta. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until everything is warmed.
- Add spinach, let wilt, and serve immediately.