This classic fondue recipe is the one we proudly serve to our guests from around the world at our Roth Cheese headquarters.
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Roth Grand Cru® cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Roth Grand Cru® Reserve cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Roth Original Havarti cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Pinot Grigio or other light- to medium-bodied white wine
- Bread, grapes, apple and pear slices, for dipping
- Freshly ground nutmeg, to taste (optional)
- White pepper, to taste (optional)
- Place Roth cheeses and wine in a ceramic fondue pot. Stir to combine. Allow cheeses to soak for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat cheeses over low for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Do not allow mixture to boil. When cheeses are completely melted, remove from heat and transfer to a tabletop burner. Keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- Dip bread chunks and fruits into fondue. If desired, sprinkle nutmeg and/or white pepper onto side plates. After dipping bread chunks and fruit into fondue, “dip” chunks into nutmeg and pepper.
Note: This fondue pairs well with chilled dry Riesling and/or a shot of authentic Swiss kirschwasser.