Our goat cheeses — in Plain, Garlic Herb, and Blueberry Vanilla varieties — are perfect for using in a goat cheese crostini. Serve as a party appetizer or devour for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 long baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices on the diagonal
- Olive oil
- 2 to 3 cups vegetables (we chose broccoli, red bell pepper & red onion)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic glaze or balsamic reduction
- 1 (4-oz) log Roth Garlic Herb Chèvre goat cheese
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place baguette slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil on both sides. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven.
Garlic Herb Chèvre with Roasted Vegetables & Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss vegetables in olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast 20 minutes or until vegetables are golden brown and slightly caramelized around the edges. Remove from oven.
- To assemble, spread about 1 tablespoon of Garlic Herb Chèvre on a toasted baguette slice. Top with roasted vegetables and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Plain Chèvre with Strawberry Compote & Fresh Rosemary
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add strawberries, lemon juice, and zest. Mash strawberries slightly to release their juices. As they cook, strawberries will begin to break down, forming a compote-like texture.
- Let compote come to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract. Let cool. Compote will thicken upon standing.
- To assemble, spread 1 tablespoon of Plain Chèvre on a toasted baguette slice. Top with a spoonful of strawberry compote and a sprinkle of fresh rosemary.
Blueberry Vanilla Chèvre with Candied Ginger & Lemon
- To assemble, spread about 1 tablespoon of Blueberry Vanilla Chèvre on a toasted baguette slice. Top with a sprinkle of candied ginger and candied lemon bits.