This veggie-packed green bean salad topped with our award-winning Buttermilk Blue® is great for picnics or paired with salmon burgers for a fresh weeknight dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans
- 1/2 cup thinly-shaved red onions
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced or cubed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces Roth Buttermilk Blue® cheese, crumbled
- Bring 2 to 3 quarts of salted water to a rapid boil. Add green beans and cook for one minute to blanch, then place in a bowl of ice cold water to help preserve their bright green color. Drain beans, and refrigerate until dry.
- Place chilled beans in large mixing bowl, and combine with red onion, cucumber, grape tomatoes, and oregano.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and hot sauce in a small bowl. Whisk until well blended, then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour dressing over green bean and veggie mixture, and toss.
- Top with crumbled Buttermilk Blue®, and serve immediately.