Flavors of maple and Buttermilk Blue crumbles. This autumn salad will have you asking for more!
- For Salad:
- 3 cups peeled, cubed butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups dry Israeli couscous
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 4-ounce container Roth® Buttermilk Blue® Cheese Crumbles
- For Maple Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 to 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- For salad, line baking sheet with parchment paper; Place squash cubes on sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast 30 minutes, turning squash cubes after first 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package instruction. Drain; mix in remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place spinach in large bowl. Add hot cooked squash and couscous to bowl; gently mix. (Heat from squash and couscous will wilt the spinach.) Add dried cranberries and almonds, tossing gently to mix. Set aside.
- For dressing, whisk all ingredients and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Pour over warm squash-couscous mixture; stir to mix. Fold in Buttermilk Blue crumbles, reserving a few to sprinkle over dish.
- Salad can be served warm immediately or store in refrigerator and serve cold.