This easy homemade meatball recipe is great for stocking your freezer! Make a huge Havarti-filled batch over the weekend, and pull them out on your busiest weeknights.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Roth Creamy Havarti cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line rimmed baking sheets with foil and top with a raised baking rack. Coat rack with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well using damp hands so the mixture doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Arrange on rack, and bake until browned with crispy edges, about 20 minutes (or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F). Eat immediately or freeze.
- To freeze the meatballs, arrange cooked, cooled meatballs — not touching — in a single layer on baking sheets. Freeze until solid, about 1 hour. Then transfer to a freezer-safe bag or container.