This Cheesy Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower Soup is warming, veggie-packed, and on the table in less than an hour! Even better, everything roasts on one pan and then puréed with Organic Sharp Cheddar or Havarti for a cheesy touch.
- 4 to 5 cups roughly chopped cauliflower (about 1 head)
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine cauliflower, garlic, onion, olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Toss until vegetables are evenly coated. Roast 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to ensure even browning. Vegetables should be lightly browned and garlic should be soft.
- Transfer vegetables and broth to a Dutch oven or stockpot. With an immersion blender, purée the mixture until smooth. Alternatively, purée mixture in batches in a high-speed blender.
- Place Dutch oven on the stove, and heat over medium-low. Let come to a low boil.
- Add 1 3/4 cups cheese one handful at a time, stirring between each addition to ensure cheese melts seamlessly into the soup. Add rosemary, salt, and pepper, and adjust seasonings to taste. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, toss bread cubes with melted butter, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place cubes on a baking sheet, and bake 5 to 7 minutes or until croutons are lightly browned. Remove from oven and top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Return to oven, and bake 2 to 3 minutes more, or until cheddar is melted and bubbling.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Top with croutons and additional rosemary, if desired.