If you like hot dips, and you like pimento cheese, this just may be your NorthStar Dip. For a casual gathering, serve this right out of the slow cooker. You could also transfer some into a bowl, and then replenish with hot dip as it disappears. Serve this with pretzels, chips, carrot sticks, celery sticks, sliced bell pepper, or crackers.
Recipe by: Katie Workman
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or other hot sauce to taste
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 8 ounces grated Roth Grand Cru
- 8 ounces grated Roth Original Havarti
- 2 (7-ounce) jars pimentos, drained and minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts
- In a slow cooker, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, Sriracha, shallot, Grand Cru, havarti, pimentos, Worcestershire sauce, and bourbon.
- Heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour until all of the cheese is melted and everything is fairly smooth.
- Turn the heat to “warm,” and serve right out of the slow cooker, or transfer to a bowl.