Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Cheese Bread is the ultimate game day appetizer! We're stuffing loaves of Italian bread with spicy buffalo chicken dip and lots of Gouda and Buttermilk Blue® cheese.
- 1 (8-oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot® sauce (for a less spicy filling, use 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Roth Gouda cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 to 3 small Italian bread loafs (about 4- x 8-inches in size)
- Scallions, for garnish (optional)
- Sliced jalapeño, for garnish (optional)
- Roth Buttermilk Blue® crumbles, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, Frank’s Red Hot, sour cream, and mayonnaise until smooth. Fold in chicken, 1 1/2 cups Gouda, shallot, and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Trim 1/2 inch off the top of bread loaves. Hollow out the loaves by removing the insides, leaving the crust intact. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Fill loaves with the buffalo chicken mixture, and top with 1/2 cup Gouda. Bake 18 to 20 minutes until golden and cheese is bubbling.
- For a crispier crust, switch oven to broil, and broil for an additional 2 to 3 minutes (optional).
- Top with scallions, Buttermilk Blue® crumbles, sliced jalapeños or extra Frank’s Red Hot, optional. Let sit for 1 to 2 minutes, then cut into halves or thirds. Serve immediately.