Smoked Moody Blue Cheese makes for a great flatbread to enjoy with a 3rd Gear Bourbon Old Fashioned on the back patio as you grill the main course. By: Liz Dueland, Yahara Bay Distillers
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 8-12 ounces fresh mushrooms, cleaned, cut into 1/4" slices
- 1/4 cup Yahara Bay Whiskey
- 12" par-baked thin pizza crust
- Olive oil
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Sauté mushrooms on medium-high heat in two tablespoons butter until browned on both sides – about 15 minutes. Add salt to taste. Add 1/4 cup Yahara Bay Whiskey and sauté more until all liquid has been absorbed – about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Brush crust with a light layer of olive oil, then add an even layer of each cheese. Add mushrooms and tomatoes evenly over pizza. Bake for 5 minutes or until crust is light brown and cheese is melted. Let rest for 2 minutes, cut into slices. Then add stems (with leaves) of fresh thyme and serve.