Make these Potato Skins 3 ways with our Cheesy Broccoli & Bacon and Cheesy Sriracha Chicken versions.
- 6 to 8 small to medium Idaho potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole or 2 percent milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Roth® Organic Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon horseradish, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup crumbled chorizo, cooked
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo or salsa
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Prick potatoes with fork; place directly on oven center rack. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- While potatoes bake, make the cheese sauce. Melt the 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant. Whisk in flour to form a roux. Slowly pour milk into saucepan, whisking constantly until smooth. Bring mixture to a low boil, until thickened slightly. Add Organic Sharp Cheddar Cheese in small handfuls, whisking between each addition to ensure cheese is melted and incorporated. Season with horseradish, salt and pepper, to taste. Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Reserve.
- Remove potatoes from oven when tender, and let cool for 10 minutes. Adust oven setting to broil.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving about 1/4-inch-thick shell intact. Discard pulp. Place potato halves skin-side-up on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with the 1 tablespoon melted butter. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until skin is crispy. Flip skins over; brush insides with melted butter and broil 2 to 3 minutes, until golden around the edges. Remove from oven.
- Ladle 2 to 4 tablespoons of cheese sauce into each potato skin. Spoon 2 tablespoons chorizo into potato skins. Garnish with pico de gallo and sour cream.