This classic fondue is the one we proudly serve to our guests from around the world.
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Roth® Original Grand Cru® Cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Roth® Grand Cru® Reserve Cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Roth® Fontina Cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Pinot Grigio or other light to medium bodied white wine
- Apple and pear slices for dipping
- Grapes for dipping
- Freshly ground nutmeg to taste, optional
- White pepper to taste, optional
- Place Roth cheeses and wine in a ceramic fondue pot. Stir to combine. Allow cheeses to soak 15-30 minutes.
- Heat cheeses over low for 7-10 minutes, stirring constantly with wooden spoon. Do not allow mixture to boil. When cheeses are completely melted, remove from heat and transfer to a tabletop burner. Keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- Dip bread chunks and fruits into fondue. If desired, sprinkle nutmeg and/or white pepper onto side plates. After dipping bread chunks and fruit into fondue, “dip” chunks into nutmeg and pepper.
Note: This fondue pairs well with chilled dry Riesling and/or a shot of authentic Swiss kirschwasser.