This is not your usual cheeseburger. The flavor characteristics of award-winning Grand Cru Surchoix makes it deeply delicious and complex.
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces sliced Roth® Grand Cru® Surchoix Cheese, about 1 ounce each, divided
- 4 bacon slices, fried and halved
- Lettuce, tomato slices and roasted red peppers, optional
- 4 lightly toasted slider buns
- Heat outdoor or indoor grill.
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Form into eight 2-ounce thin patties. Center 1 ounce sliced Grand Cru Surchoix over 4 of the patties. Place remaining patties over; press edges of patties to seal cheese inside.
- Grill patties. Just before patties are cooked to internal temperature of 160°F (USDA recommendation for medium), top each equally with remaining cheese slices. Cook additional 1-2 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- Place bacon and optional toppings over bun bottoms. Top with burgers and close with bun tops.