This cauliflower mac and cheese is made with a low carb cheese sauce and topped with a simple garlic bread topping to add a little crunch. This one is a hit with kids and grown-ups alike! By: Karly Campbell, Buns in My Oven
- For Mac and Cheese:
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces Roth® Original Havarti Cheese, grated
- 3 ounces Roth® Original Grand Cru® Cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- For Garlic Bread Topping:
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Dice the cauliflower into bite-sized chunk and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and place in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While cauliflower is baking, prepare the cheese sauce.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk in the cheeses and ground mustard. Continue whisking over medium heat until cheese has melted and sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and pour the cheese sauce over the top. Stir to coat all of the cauliflower in the cheese sauce. Stir together the almond meal, melted butter, parsley, garlic powder, and garlic salt. Sprinkle over the cauliflower mixture.
- Turn the oven to broil and return the cauliflower to the oven. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the almond meal is browned.
- Let set for 5 minutes before serving.