A blend of Grand Cru® and 3 Chile Pepper Gouda make this fiery snack, an appetizer and cocktail time favorite.
- ¼ cup mango, diced
- 1 teaspoon seeded, diced jalapeño chile
- 1 tablespoon seeded, diced poblano chile
- 2 tablespoons seeded, diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon mirin (rice cooking wine)
- Make the salsa: Mix mango, jalapeño, poblano, tomato, cilantro and red onion in a small bowl. Add mirin and blood orange juice, stir. Chill, preferably several hours or overnight.
- Place chicken cubes and buffalo sauce in small saucepan. Cook at a gentle boil until chicken is cooked, 10-20 minutes, depending on cube size. Do not scorch–turn heat to simmer, if necessary. Remove chicken from pan and chop cubes (or, if you prefer, shred with a fork). Return to pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat griddle or flat grill pan over medium heat. Place 1 tortilla on griddle and warm. Top with half the cheese and half the chicken. When cheese is melted, fold over and flatten to form quesadilla. Remove from heat. Continue to grill until tortilla browns a bit on each side and quesadilla is warmed throughout. Repeat with remaining tortilla, chicken, and cheese. Remove from heat and let quesadillas sit 2 minutes.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces. Top each with a spoonful of mango salsa. Serve immediately.