This summer-y asparagus pesto flatbread is an easy way to end the week. Use store-bought naan and our creamy, herby Dill Havarti to keep things simple. Extra tired after a long day? Swap our homemade lemon-y pea pesto and buy pre-made at the store.
- For the Pea Pesto:
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 2 coarsely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 ounce fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the Flatbreads:
- 4 naan-style flatbreads (about 8-inches long)
- 1 cup roughly chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup diced sundried tomatoes
- 1 (6-oz) block Roth Dill Havarti cheese, shredded
- 8 to 12 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
For the Pea Pesto:
- In a food processor or blender, process peas, olive oil, walnuts, garlic, 1 ounce basil leaves and lemon juice until texture is smooth but slightly grainy. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
For the Flatbreads:
- Place flatbreads on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top each flatbread with 2 tablespoons pesto, and spread evenly over bread. Divide chicken, sundried tomatoes and Dill Havarti evenly among the flatbreads. Top each with 2 to 3 asparagus spears.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and flatbread edges are golden.
- Garnish with crushed red pepper flakes and basil, if desired. Serve warm.