Mac & cheese gets a fresh new look with asparagus, prosciutto and more.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni noodles
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 spears asparagus, cut into tips and 1″ pieces
- ¼ cup prosciutto, thinly sliced, diced
- Cook pasta noodles al dente, drain and keep warm.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat; add butter, garlic, and onions and sauté 3 minutes until softened.
- Add asparagus and prosciutto and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Combine half and half and cornstarch in a separate bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in half and half mixture and bring to a light simmer until sauce starts to thicken.
- Slowly add cheese blend until fully melted.
- Stir in cooked pasta and heat throughout. Garnish with pine nuts (optional.)