Asparagus Prosciutto Mac and Cheese is filled with spring flavor and TWO Roth favorites: Havarti and Grand Cru® — ready in just 20 minutes!
- 1 pound elbow macaroni noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 spears asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup prosciutto, thinly sliced and diced
- Cook pasta noodles until al dente, then drain and set aside.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter, garlic, and onions. Sauté 3 minutes, or until onions are softened.
- Add asparagus and prosciutto, and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Combine half & half and cornstarch in a separate bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in half & half mixture, and bring to a light simmer until sauce starts to thicken.
- Slowly add both cheeses one handful at a time until fully melted and incorporated into the sauce. Stir in cooked pasta and heat throughout. Garnish with pine nuts, if desired.