Recipe by: Sarah Copeland, Edible Living
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup raw or fresh walnut halves (optional)
- 2 small bulbs fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 large firm ripe pears, quartered, cored and cut into thin slices
- 1/3 cup celery leaves, torn or roughly chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Black pepper
- 3 ounces Roth Buttermilk Blue® cheese, crumbled
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley or dill (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring Buttermilk Blue® to room temperature while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Place walnuts on a baking sheet, and toast until fragrant and golden, about 8 minutes. Cool and break into pieces.
- Toss together the fennel, celery, pear, and celery leaves in a large bowl. Season with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Spread onto a serving platter and sprinkle with walnuts and blue cheese. Scatter on your favorite herbs and serve at room temperature.