Made with two of our favorite Havartis — Creamy and Jalapeño — this cheesy Mexican-inspired lasagna is quick and satisfying weeknight fare.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (1-oz) taco seasoning packet
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (18-oz) jar salsa of your choice
- 8 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 14 to 18 small to medium corn tortillas
- 1 (6-oz) block Roth Creamy Havarti cheese, shredded
- 2 (6-oz) blocks Roth Jalapeño Havarti cheese, shredded
- Sour cream, pickled jalapeños, diced scallion & avocado, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large sauté pan or Dutch oven, add olive oil, onion, and bell pepper. Sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened and just beginning to brown. Add garlic, cooking 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add ground turkey, breaking up meat into chunks. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink. Add taco seasoning, water, black beans, and corn, and stir to combine. Taste the mixture then season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat.
- In the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking pan, spread 1/4 cup salsa in an even layer. Layer 4 to 6 tortillas across the bottom of the pan, overlapping as needed to ensure full coverage. Layer 1/3 of the turkey mixture with 1/3 of the salsa, 1/3 of the enchilada sauce, and 1/3 of the cheese over the top. Repeat twice to create three lasagna layers in total.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until lasagna is bubbly and golden around the edges. Switch oven to broil, and broil the top of the lasagna until browned. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sour cream, pickled jalapeños, scallions and avocado, if desired.