Made with Organic Sharp Cheddar, these Cheesy Sriracha Chicken Potato Skins are perfect game day fare. Looking for more? Try our Cheesy Broccoli & Baconand Cheesy Chorizo-Salsa versions.
- 6 to 8 small to medium Idaho potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole or 2 percent milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Roth Organic Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon horseradish (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Diced scallions, for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prick potatoes with a fork, and place them directly on center oven rack. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheese sauce. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium-low. Add garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant. Whisk in flour to form a roux. Slowly pour milk into saucepan, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a low boil until thickened slightly. Add cheese in small handfuls, whisking between each addition, to ensure cheese is melted. Season with horseradish (optional), and salt and pepper, to taste. Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Remove potatoes from oven, and let cool for 10 minutes. Adjust oven setting to broil.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch thick shell intact. Discard pulp. Place potato halves skin side up on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with melted butter, and broil 2 to 3 minutes or until skin is crispy. Flip skins over, and brush insides with melted butter. Broil 2 to 3 minutes until golden around the edges. Remove from oven.
- Ladle 2 to 4 tablespoons of cheese sauce into each potato skin. Top with chicken and Sriracha hot sauce. Garnish with diced scallions, if desired.