Nothing fancy — just a classic, family-friendly combination of Classic Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup using our sweet, addictive Prairie Sunset® cheese.
- For Soup:
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of choice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For Sandwich:
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices (about 3/4 ounce each) Roth Prairie Sunset® cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Fresh basil, sliced scallions and/or pesto, for serving (optional)
- Combine tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, Worcestershire, and hot sauce in a saucepan, then stir to blend. Bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and season, to taste.
- Heat heavy skillet over medium heat. Butter one side of bread slices. Place 2 slices, butter-side-down, in a hot skillet. Arrange cheese and avocado slices over bread. Close sandwiches, placing top butter-side up.
- Grill until bottom slice is toasted and cheese begins to melt, about 2 minutes. Flip sandwiches. Grill until cheese is fully melted and bread is toasted.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Serve with scallions, fresh basil and/or pesto, if desired. Plate the sandwich, and dip to your heart’s content!