By: Bev Weidner, BevCooks
- 1/2 French baguette, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thinly into rounds
- Roth® Original Grand Cru® Cheese, cut into shavings
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Brush two tablespoons of oil over the baguette slices, and sprinkle with the garlic powder and a pinch of salt. Toast in a toaster oven until golden brown.
- In the meantime, heat another tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet, and sauté the garlic until fragrant and browning, about one minute. Transfer the garlic and oil to a small bowl.
- To the skillet, add the last tablespoon of oil and the zucchini in a single layer. Season with salt and sear for three minutes on one side. Flip and sear another minute or two, until nicely charred on both sides. Transfer the zucchini to the garlic bowl and toss together.
- Layer a few slices of garlic zucchini on each baguette slice, and top with Grand Cru shavings. Go nuts! It’s worth it. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!