Sheet pan chicken gets a flavor upgrade with herby basil pesto and our creamy Roth Gouda cheese.
- 4 (8-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces (about 1 cup) prepared basil pesto
- 1 1/2 pounds mini red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 (2-oz) slices Roth Gouda cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Arrange chicken breasts on pan, and season liberally with salt and pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto evenly over each chicken breast.
- Place potatoes and pepper in a large bowl, and toss with remaining pesto and a pinch of salt. Arrange mixture around chicken.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and potatoes are tender. During the last 10 minutes of baking, place a slice of cheese on each breast and add tomatoes to the pan. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, cheese is melted, and tomatoes have burst. Top with fresh basil (optional) and serve immediately.