This vegetable frittata is an easy way to get something special on the breakfast table. Loaded with cherry tomatoes, asparagus, and our nutty Grand Cru®, which adds the perfect cheesy crust.
- 1/2 yellow or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 to 8 thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- Hefty pinch of salt and pepper
- 6 to 8 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Roth Original Grand Cru® cheese
- Additional fresh thyme, for garnish
- Heat an oven-safe medium sauté pan over medium-low. Add onion and olive oil, and sauté for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to caramelize around the edges. Add cherry tomatoes. Cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have caramelized. Add garlic, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with milk, thyme, and a hefty pinch of each, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to sauté pan, turning pan to ensure it sets in an even layer. Top with asparagus spears. Cover and cook until the frittata is puffy and eggs are almost set, about 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to high broil.
- Sprinkle Grand Cru® over the frittata. The middle of the frittata may still be liquidy, but it will finish cooking under the broiler. Place under the broiler, and cook until cheese is bubbling and golden.
- To serve, garnish with additional thyme, and cut into quarters.