Try this easy bruschetta with a twist by adding our Spanish-style Canela cheese.
- 2 whole wheat Bollilo rolls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for baking
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only), washed and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces assorted fresh gourmet mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces Roth Canela cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice each roll into 1/2-inch slices and place on a baking sheet that’s been lightly coated with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- Heat olive oil in a medium to large sauté pan over medium heat. Add leeks and mushrooms, and cook for about 7 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in garlic and sundried tomatoes, then cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Evenly divide leek and mushroom mixture among bread slices. Top with cheese, and return baking sheet to the oven.
- Bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.