Try bruschetta with a twist by adding our Spanish-style Canela cheese.
- 2 whole wheat Bollilo rolls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for baking
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only), washed and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces assorted fresh gourmet mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces Roth Canela cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice each roll into ½” slices and place on a baking sheet that has been lightly coated with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes; remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat; add leeks and mushrooms and cook for approximately 7 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in garlic and sundried tomatoes cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Evenly divide leek and mushroom mixture among the bread slices. Top with Canela cheese and return baking sheet to oven.
- Bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until cheese has fully melted.