Recipe by: Bev Weidner, Bev Cooks
- 1 (8-oz) box flat no-boil lasagna sheets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Once it starts foaming, add flour and whisk until it becomes light golden brown in color. Add minced garlic and whisk another few seconds to incorporate. Slowly add the milk — 1/2 cup at a time — until the sauce is slightly thickened and luscious. Season with a good pinch of salt. Keep heat very low while you prep the rest, stirring sauce every few minutes to make sure nothing is sticking.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. (These are no-boil sheets, but we need them soft and pliable!) Drop 3 sheets in at a time and boil 1 to 3 minutes. Use a pair of tongs to keep them separate and not sticking to each other.
- Once the sheets bend enough to roll up, remove and place on paper towels. Keep boiling the sheets — 3 or 4 at a time — until they’re tender and easy to roll.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the creamy sauce on the bottom of a small 8×10-inch casserole dish. Mix the two shredded cheeses together and place a small pinch down the center of each tender lasagna sheet. Lay one piece of ham on top of the cheese, then spoon a little bit of sauce over the ham.
- Gently roll up each sheet and place it in the pan seam side down. Continue rolling and filling the casserole dish. Top with the last bit of sauce drizzled over the top and remaining shredded cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Garnish with thinly sliced radishes and parsley leaves. Serve immediately!