This Hot & Cheesy Corn Dip is perfect for summer picnics, BBQs, and backyard get-togethers. It's creamy, rich, and so cheesy with the addition of our sweet Canela (or sub spicy Jalapeño Havarti).
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus additional to grease baking dish
- 2 (12-oz) bags frozen corn,* thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded, veins removed and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Roth Canela or Jalapeño Havarti cheese, divided
- 1 (4-oz) can chopped green chiles
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Scallions and cilantro, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease pie plate or similar-sized baking dish with a coat of butter. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. When foaming subsides, add corn, bell pepper, onion, jalapeños, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook until onions soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Remove skillet from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Stir in half the cheese, green chiles, scallions, chili powder, and cilantro. Carefully fold in corn mixture; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with additional scallions and cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
*Alternatively, use the equivalent weight of fresh corn kernels.